Countdown of the Top 10 Reasons to Attend
an AAPA Conference or Spring Meeting
as a Student Member:
Receive World-Class Education
10. Learn at daily lectures from world-renowned experts on various aspects of pathology.
9. Poster sessions feature cutting edge case studies and research from Student and Fellow members.
Jump Start Your Career
7. Connections made by students at conferences have led to interviews, mentorships, and even future employment.
8. There is a special student round table discussion at the Fall Conference, featuring interview tips, negotiating strategies, and resume design.
6. Published articles look fantastic on your CV.
Connect with Your Peers
5. Meet fellow PA students and future colleagues from other schools in a friendly environment.
4. Poster sessions provide direct engagement with lab personnel from around the country.
Develop Your Sense of Adventure
3. Conferences are held in beautiful hotels in vacation destinations (hello, Chicago!).
2. You'll get to spend some of your free time exploring the area and enjoying a well-deserved break from your studies!
And the number one reason to attend a Fall Conference or Spring Meeting as a student...
1. You can attend for FREE as the 2019 Student Non-Delegate Travel Grant winner*!
All 2nd year, non-delegate students are eligible to apply. Submit your manuscript by June 1.
*The winning entry will receive a travel grant valued at up to $1600 (registration + $1000 to help cover travel expenses) to attend the Fall Conference or Spring Meeting of their choosing (within the next two years).
Visit pathassist.org/scholarships for rules, regulations, and to read past winning manuscripts.
Don't forget — the Student General Educational Scholarship is available through May 1,
and is open to ALL 2nd year students. Click here for more information.