Dear AAPA Members,
Thank you for your membership in the American Association of Pathologists’ Assistants, the only professional organization dedicated to the support, education, and advocacy of Pathologists’ Assistants!
As we reflect on our growth and prepare for the coming year, the time has come to renew your membership for 2020.
Summary of Significant Examples of Professional Support:
- Continuing Education (CE) support increased from 15 to 20 free CE credits included with your membership
- CE categorization, tracking, and reporting to the ASCP BOC for ease of maintenance
- Updated Scope of Practice laying out our role in healthcare
- Milestone release of the Grossing Guidelines followed by a 2nd edition last year and a 3rd edition in progress
- Inspection Readiness Kit for PAs and AP managers
- New Membership & Salary Survey (record high participation)
- New Town Hall meetings exploring hot topics in our field and giving members a voice with organization leadership
- Increased advocacy (for example, against proposed changes to CLIA which would allow nurses to perform high complexity laboratory testing, official statements to combat misunderstandings about our profession in the national news spotlight, and extensive support to PAs gaining licensure in New York State and beyond)
- Increased collaboration, including joining American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) and the Commission on Cancer (CoC), as well as connecting with major associations such as the ACS, NAME, and IAC&ME, among others.
Now is your opportunity to be a part of what we have in store for 2020! Invest in your career and the future of PAs. Renew your AAPA membership online or by phone, and confirm your place as a valued part of our professional PA community.
If you have any questions or concerns, or if you need assistance completing your renewal, please contact the Central Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-532-AAPA).
We look forward to supporting you in 2020 and throughout your professional career!
N. Dominic Alessio, PA(ASCP)CM
Membership Committee Chair