Why Attend a Conference as a Student?
The AAPA offers multiple opportunities for students to attend the Annual Conference.
- Two students are chosen by each program as official AAPA Student Delegates. Delegates must write a publication-worthy manuscript and present a poster to be presented at the conference.
- Those not chosen as delegates are invited to enter the Student Non-Delegate Conference Travel Grant competition for a chance to attend the conference. The best publication-worthy manuscript wins!
- All students are welcome and encouraged to attend the conference at a discounted registration rate.
There are multiple benefits to attending a conference as a student, but here are just a few of our favorites.
Scholarships & Travel Grants
- Meet fellow PA students and future colleagues from other schools in a friendly environment.
- Poster sessions provide direct engagement with lab personnel from around the country.
- Networking opportunities abound from the welcome party to coffee breaks and fun activities, like the Fun Run!
- Connections made by students at conferences have led to interviews, mentorships, and future employment.
- Published articles look fantastic on your CV.
- Attend a special student round table discussion featuring interview tips, negotiating strategies, and résumé design.
- Learn from world-renowned experts during daily lectures on various aspects of pathology.
- Poster sessions feature cutting edge case studies and research from students and Fellow members.
- Conferences are held in beautiful hotels in vacation destinations.
- A few afternoons are free to explore the area and enjoy a break from work and your studies!